Vitalize® Alimend® is a liquid product for horses designed to support gastric health and GI tissue, which may relieve occasional gastric issues commonly associated with training, traveling, and performance.
- MHB3® Hyaluronan - Patented and proven through pre-clinical and clinical research to support gastric health & GI tissue. High molecular weight HA can significantly protect gastric mucosa from injury. (Al-Bayaty et al., 2011)
- AO-Biotics® Amaferm® - research-proven, natural prebiotic to boost resilience to stress. Enhances innate immunity and integrity of the gut. (Ipharraguerre, 2016)
- H. erinaceous (lion's mane) extract - An extract rich in beta glucan content that supports enhanced gastroprotection. Contains bioactive components with anti-ulcer activities. (Wong et al., 2013)
In addition to each ingredient being proven effective, one clinical study on hyaluronan has been completed in horses yielding these results:
“This study provides evidence that gastric ulceration in active horses can be successfully treated with a naturally safe and effective polysaccharide blend of hyaluronan and schizophyllan. Our study reveals that a polysaccharide blend of 240 to 480 mg high-molecular-weight hyaluronan and 60 to 120 mg of schizophyllan administered daily for 30 days demonstrates ulcerative healing. Of the horses treated, 90% showed complete resolution and/or improvement in ul-cerative areas, increased appetite, weight gain, and positive behavioral changes.” (N. Slovis, 2017)
Digestive and Nutritional Health
- Vitalize® Equine Digest More® Plus
- Vitalize® Equine High Performance
- Vitalize® Equine Free Choice
- Vitalize® Equine Protein Pellet
- Vitalize® Equine Gel
The below products all contain the research-proven prebiotic, AO-Biotics Amaferm, and improve digestive health and gut integrity.
AO-Biotics Amaferm has over 50+ years of extensive published research and over 111+ university and clinical studies. (Amaferm Aspergillus oryzae fermentation product) is a natural, precision prebiotic to support the horse's entire digestive system resulting in an increase in digestibility, absorption of nutrients, and Volatile Fatty Acid (VFA) Production. AO-Biotics Amaferm has been shown to increase digestibility by up to 17% and absorption by up to 30%.
In the Foregut, AO-Biotics Amaferm Works to:
- Keep the intestinal environment stable
- Enhance the response of the immune system
- Ward off a pathogenic challenge
In the Hindgut, AO-Biotics Amaferm Works to:
- Stabilize pH to minimize digestive upset
- Maximize beneficial fiber digesting bacteria
- Increase microbial enzyme secretion for better overall digestion
- Increase production of volatile fatty acids for energy Studies: (McDaniel J. Anim Sci 71 2164-2172)
Mannan oligosaccharide (MOS) is a bioactive compound that can be derived from the cell wall of yeast. As a feed ingredient, MOS works to limit pathogens inside the digestive tract. This generally has great benefit to young animals and animals that are under stressed or immuno-compromised. MOS works by attracting pathogens, binding to them, and expelling them.
MOS works exceptionally well with other prebiotics like AO-Biotics Amaferm (Aspergillus oryzae fermentation product). Their synergistic effect comes from their differing modes of action. AO-Biotics Amaferm excels at stimulating the good bacteria and fungi in the gut, while MOS excels primarily at directly eliminating the bad. The result of utilizing them together in the diet is quite synergistic.
To learn more about AO-Biotics Amaferm, visit: https://biozymeinc.com/additive/amaferm/what-to-expect-in-equine/
To learn more about the products, visit: https://vitalizeeq.com/equine-products/